The vets your pet would choose

Cart 2 black large Facebook square black large bg18

Help with vets’ fees if you are on a low income


If you are in receipt of housing or council tax benefit, then you can register with the charitable PDSA pet-aid scheme. There are guidelines for registering and some of these are set out below.


We thoroughly recommend that you register for this scheme if you are eligible, or if you know someone who may be eligible, please ask him or her to get in touch with us. You must pre-register to be eligible for the free treatment and your pet must be healthy and undergo a health check before joining the scheme, so if you are on these benefits, you should register your pet as soon as you can. You must also be resident in postcodes: IV1, IV2, IV3, IV5 or IV63 and the PDSA will only help one pet per household.


Your pet must be vaccinated and discounts are available for vaccinations once you are registered with the PDSA. Remember you must register your pet when he/she is healthy – to register please come into one of our surgeries and complete a form, bringing with you proof of benefit and a postal order for £7.50 made out to the PDSA. You can contact the PDSA directly on 0800-7312502 or please feel free to call us for further information.


Remember the PDSA only covers basic veterinary care and it doesn’t cover worming or vaccinations, out-of-hours appointments, home visits, weekend & evening appointments, pet food, neutering, dental care, cremation, chemotherapy, specialist referral or any control of a bitch’s season. If you want more comprehensive cover you should consider pet insurance. The PDSA charitable scheme covers some operations and some medicines; it doesn’t cover all operations and all medicines.



Pet Insurance


Help with vets’ fees if you’re on a low income


Help with neutering costs